Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Statment from Jake Mullally

Firstly, to all my followers out there I must apologise for my recent lack of enthusiasm towards blogging. After the hype and excitement that surrounded my previous post I feel as though I've let you (my dedicated readers) all down. Perhaps this post will go someway towards healing the wounds I've caused!

With that out of the way, I suppose I should actually take it upon myself to blog something of interest to you all.

It has recently come to my attention, that a number of rumours have been circulating with regard to meetings between myself and certain individuals of a questionable nature. I feel it is my duty to respond to such rumours and clarify the matter. The individual in question is a Mr Bertie Ahern. I can now confirm that such a meeting took place between myself and Mr Ahern upon the eve of Thursday the 21rst of October 2010.

In the course of our meeting a handshake was exchanged between myself and Mr Ahern. I would like to emphasis the innocent nature of that handshake. I can confirm that no brown envelopes were present at any time and subsequent photographs taken throughout the exchange will attest to this .

I also understand that many readers have questioned my reasoning behind the incident and understandably so. Over the last few days I have been met with a chorus of 'How could you Jake?' and 'Have you no shame?' I now feel that my actions should be explained. You must realise the deep satisfaction I get when I know that irony has been lost on someone. In this case the irony was very much lost on Mr Ahern. If Mr Ahern had understood the deep contempt that I felt towards him in every measure of that handshake, the joke would have lost all value and signifigance. And thats exactly what it was... a joke or to put simply ... a case of two insincere fuckers shaking hands.

With this statement I hope the rumours which have been circulating throughout recent days can finally be put to bed. I also hope that any reservations held by you, towards my moral judgment have been resolved and I can finally move on from this incident. I would like to thank you all for taking the time to read my side of the story.

Regards,

Jake Mullally

P.S. Grandad , if your reading this I'm just wondering would you prefer a teak or mahogany frame for that autograph???

No comments:

Post a Comment